Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

ISM Global Group Groupsite

I just sent this blast:

Hi all,

In the past week we added over 25 new members to the ISM Global Group Groupsite.  I have not had the chance to welcome all of you personally, so let this message serve as my official welcome.  I hope this site is useful for sharing ideas and information.  Please invite anyone you think may be a good contributor.

Regards,
Jim Martin
Chair – ISM Global Group

Replies to this Topic

Just a note to say hello from Maniila.  I travel teaching CPSM here in Asia in addition to other suppy subjects.  I lived in Shenzhen China for 5 years and am currently in Manila for over two years.

Cheers to the Global Group

Walt Buczynski  CPSM, C.P.M., CPCM

Thank you Jim!

Walt,

You have a very interesting job and mission. I am currently preparing for the CPSM myself and I am hoping to get the certification this year. Asian markets have always been a fascinating area to me. I know a couple owner of small companies in Clearwater, FL., currently promoting air conditioning systems for large vehicles in the Americas. They are trying to compete for market share, specially in the Mexican and Canadian market, while they are trying to develop the US, which currently presents and tends to be more complex.

Along these lines, I had an interesting conversation with a financial investor from NY last year in how Supply Chain professionals (specially Buyers) give consideration to products manufactured there over other ones in the Americas. In my opinion, a big draw back in the procurement selection is based on Buyers not becoming aware of today's quality, benefits and savings on products manufactured in Asia; and unless the business is a recognized name brand, it is very challenging overcoming the Buyer's block from stopping some quality products from Asia to enter the supply chain. All these, with the understanding that products must meet high quality standards (i.e. ISO, etc.) since is also a lot of quality products in the market. Best regards and be safe,

Juan Crespo

Tampa, FL   

Hi Juan,

I agree to a point, and it some issues here are solved buying from foreign owned companies rather than some small Chinese companies.  Philippines the manufacturing is more reliable as the culture has had years to absorb western quality concepts and is English speaking.  Quality and reliable delivery is always an issue and solved by having some service on the ground checking you your shipment.  Quality inspection service companies are popular especially in China where cost are prohhibitive for a company to hire and place

Cheers

Walter

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

ISM-Global Group